(CLOSED) still redirecting after uninstalling
 3 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

wangner

--
11 Mar 2015 01:34 AM
    I tried 51Degrees with a mobile theme I purchased and didn't like how it came out for me so I disabled it but it still redirects to a theme that doesn't support the way I have my site set up @ www.jakewangner.com if you look on mobile all you see is a template with nothing but "contact" and no images. I tried changing the redirect to the theme I use normally but it wouldn't change after 2 days. So I tried deleting all of the files and it still redirects. Please if anyone has anything that could help, thank you jake

Mike

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    13 Mar 2015 05:33 PM
    Hi Jake, Could you please specify which API this relates to (PHP, .NET, C, Java, Node.js, Python or Perl)? And if you use the on-premise or cloud device detection? Kind Regards, Mike

wangner

--
    13 Mar 2015 06:16 PM
    [quote=Mike;4194]Hi Jake, Could you please specify which API this relates to (PHP, .NET, C, Java, Node.js, Python or Perl)? And if you use the on-premise or cloud device detection? Kind Regards, Mike[/quote] I use wordpress and I downloaded the plugin a log time ago. I'm terrible with these kinds of things so bear with me. I'm not sure how to answer your questions. But yesterday the site started to work again, then today it's back to the other theme. If that tells you anything. Someone told me it might be an issue with caching but it started working on it's own so I didn't follow up with them. Should I just wait it out? Or delete the caching plug in that I use? Thanks for your response Jake

Mike

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    16 Mar 2015 11:14 AM
    Hi Jake, Thank you for the update. It sounds like a caching problem. A cached version was saved and served to visitors for a while, now it appears that the cache has expired. Unfortunately this is a common issue with device detection on the Wordpress platform. Which caching plugin do you use? That depends on a number of factors. Is there currently a problem with the way website is presented to both desktop and mobile users? Is it possible to reset the cache manually (i.e. invalidate the cache) so that the plugin is forced to re-cache? Kind Regards, Mike
    Topic is locked