Are you an Engineer? Why not become one of 51Degrees finest.
51Degrees is the only commercial device detection solution that offers free and permissive open-source APIs. If you have an eye for detail, care about creating elegant technical solutions, and you relish the challenge of working across multiple technologies, you will thrive in this role. If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
You should have:
- Significant software engineering experience across several relevant technologies, ideally in a high volume, web environment.
- Experience with at least two of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Perl, C#, Java, Go, and PHP web technologies and a desire to learn more.
- Experience in each of the following areas: Devops, Git as a version control system, and Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems.
- A relevant IT degree.
- An unwavering drive to improve your skills!
Here are some of the tasks you'll be doing:
- Developing core 51Degrees technology including: batch data processing and aggregation in Go and TypeScript, end user APIs in various languages, cloud services in Go, TypeScript, and Azure, and data entry systems in Go and TypeScript web technologies.
- Assisting other team members in their understanding of 51Degrees technology and products.
- Contributing to open-source repositories via Git and associated packages in PyPi, NuGet, Maven, Composer, and NPM (among others).
- Monitoring online forums like GitHub to resolve any technical issues.
- Producing technical blogs periodically in conjunction with marketing.
- Providing technical customer support on a rota basis (including out of hours support on bugs, support with products and queries).
- Effectively estimating work schedules and working to agreed deadlines.
- Quality review and testing.
"Working for a smaller company typically means less time spent in meetings and more time coding and solving the problems that I enjoy. In addition, we get to work on a far wider array of projects and technologies than we would as part of a larger team." Stephen, Lead Engineer
We have numerous benefits available to you when you join 51Degrees
Central Reading office in Berkshire, UK
Private Medical care
Enhanced Pension contributions
Healthcare Cashback scheme
Working for a market leader
Learn and excel in multiple technologies
Paid training support
How to apply
Please send the information listed on the right to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are successful, we will reply inviting you for an informal chat or interview.
We endeavour to reply to all applicants, but if you have not heard from us after seven days, then unfortunately you application has been not been accepted.Have a question?
- An up-to-date CV.
- When you would be ready to start work.
- Your salary expectations.
- Links to your portfolio that best reflects the quality of your work.
No recruitment agencies please. Please review the full job details before applying.