(SOLVED) MobileProfile documentation?
 1 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Murali Setty

--
08 Mar 2011 06:19 AM
    If I have a home page, Default.aspx, designed for a desktop browser, how do I get it to redirect to a mobile friendly page if a mobile browser requests it? I’m having a hard time finding documentation for properties and methods for the MobileProfile object. I see a Mobile.Profile namespace in the class reference, but it doesn’t appear to be the same as the MobileProfile object in the tutorial.

Murali Setty

--
    08 Mar 2011 09:13 AM

To answer first part of the question, it is Detection and Redirection…

The Foundation component of the product will differentiate the incoming requests between Mobile browser requests and Desktop browser requests which also do the redirection to Mobile friendly pages based on the configuration of fiftyOne\redirect.

To set up a web site with Desktop and Mobile friendly pages the fiftyOne\redirect configuration section elements and attributes has to be set with the appropriate values.

Please download the Release notes from the Download section of 51Degrees.Codeplex.com site, the content under the title Multiple Mobile Redirect Locations would guide you how to use/configure the fiftyOne\redirect configuration section based on different scenarios.

MobileProfile documentation:

The property Page.MobileProfile is of type FiftyOne.Framework.Profile.ProfileBase. The API documentation is available in the form of compiled HTML. To open the documentation please use the Programs menu short cut 51Degrees.mobi->Framework API Help.

Murali.

Topic is locked