1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

rmariotti01

--
02 Oct 2018 08:19 PM
    51Degrees Support,

I have a ASP.NET app (4.6.1) and i installed via NuGet the 51Degrees.mobi-web (3.2.20.2). I see this created all the necessary files, including the 80+MB 51Degrees.dat file in the root of App_Data.

GIT has detected all these files but I'd like to NOT store the large 51Degrees.dat file in GIT and instead have .NET regenerate/download this file if it detects it missing (LITE).

Is this feasible? What is the recommendation for source control when using 51Degrees?

I tried deleting/renaming this file and starting the app but nothing happened (didn't regenerate). Though this could be due to some other issue, as I can't yet confirm the system is working yet. The App_Data folder has full permissions to the user that is the Identity for the given App Pool.

Thanks for the guidance as we evaluate this product.
    Ryan

JoshGrew

--
    04 Oct 2018 08:15 AM
    Hi Ryan

This is not possible due to the fact that we do not distribute the Lite data file in the same way as our enhanced data. Our auto update process requires a licence key to trigger which is not generated for Lite users.

If you are interested I can set you up with a free 1 month trial of our Enterprise solution for you to evaluate. I can then help you set this up with auto updates.

Let me know.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.