(CLOSED) Incredibly bad performance with latest data file
 2 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Owen Marsh

--
23 Nov 2017 01:42 AM
    We use the API in memory mode, and recently updated to the latest data file in our dev environment. This environment does not see a huge amount of traffic (400 requests per second) and previously had an average latency of less than 5 milliseconds.

Upon restarting the server with the new data file, average latency never went below 80 milliseconds, and often went over 1 second.
    The new data file was the only change.

We updated to the latest version of the API (3.2.16.4), but that did not decrease the latency.

I'm unsure when we last updated the data file, but it's safe to say it was many months ago.

JoshGrew

--
    24 Nov 2017 04:06 PM
    Hi Owen

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I've dropped you an Email just to get some more detail. If you have not received this please let me know.

Josh

JoshGrew

--
    14 Dec 2017 03:49 PM
    Hi Owen

I've dropped you another Email as I haven't heard back - could you take a look at the below and let me know if you have any questions.

What version of the API were you using prior to upgrading? Also any information you could send out with regards to your implementation/property calls you are making would be great.

In the meantime would you be able to run the below method against both data files and send the results back to us to analyse and compare.

provider = new Provider(MemoryFactory.create(
    "path/to/data/file", false));

System.out.println(provider.dataSet.published);
    System.out.println(provider.dataSet.getFormat());
    System.out.println(provider.dataSet.getName());

Topic is locked