2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Mike2Karl

--
11 Oct 2017 09:39 AM
    Hello,

My first time posting, I apologise if in the incorrect place.

We are using Kentico 10 (v10.0.8) as our content management system(https://www.kentico.com/) on windows server 2008r2. Kentico 10 has 51Degrees integration and is using the following dll: FiftyOne.Foundation.dll, version 3.2.4.4.

We are first going to try using the on premise lite version, via the following 51Degrees-LiteV3.2.dat.

However our hosting is in a medium trust environment, instead of the required full trust environment. This means when uploading the 51Degrees-LiteV3.2.dat file there is not permission to access the 51degrees license validation website. I was able to place the data file manually into Kentico's App_Data folder and was able to achieve mobile detection using the following example:

https://51degrees.com/Developers/Do...ng-Started

I am trying to think of ideas about whether I can use 51Degrees externally from Kentico, like in another dotnet project file and use nuget to get the latest api dll or use webservice?

Has anyone done this in the past or have any suggestions?

Kind Regards
    Mike

Joseph Dix

--
    17 Oct 2017 10:24 AM
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting 51Degrees.

There should be no need to access a validation website, if you have the 51Degrees data file then you are good to go. You should only need a license to to access Premium and Enterprise data or enable automatic updates from 51Degrees, but this is not available with the Lite version.

I'm not familiar with how Kentico handles device data updates, maybe it would be worth submitting a ticket to them.

Kind regards,
    Joe

Joseph Dix

--
    06 Nov 2017 10:25 AM
    Marking as closed for now, if this is not the case the please comment here and I will re-open the thread.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.