• Basket
  • Account
  • Sign In
  •  

Forums

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 23 Feb 2016 02:10 PM by  Jean-Sébastien Bour
(CLOSED) Match with 'Nearest' method but 0 difference ?
 2 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Jean-Sébastien Bour

--
22 Feb 2016 05:57 PM
    Hello,

this User-Agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 9_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/13C75 MOBILE-LEQUIPE/IOS/TABLETTE/6.9.3/954c8780297a4a53d63fd7c3c05b559317e56055aa7941da262791a8862807ad

gets correctly matched but with 'Nearest' method and with 0 difference (double-checked on https://51degrees.com/resources/use...t-tester).
    If I understood the docs (and one of your unit tests :-)) well, this does not make sense. Am I right or did I miss something?

Thanks !

S.Parker

--
    23 Feb 2016 11:12 AM
    Hello Jean-Sebastien,

You are correct it does not make sense, unfortunately there is a bug with the 0 difference. We are working on solving the issue, however it does not effect device detection and your device will be detected correctly. Does the difference being zero affect what you are trying to achieve?

Many Thanks,
    Stuart

Jean-Sébastien Bour

--
    23 Feb 2016 02:10 PM
    Hello,

thanks for the quick reply! It is indeed a problem since we're handling Exact matches differently; however now that we know this can happen sometimes, we'll put the 'Nearest with 0 difference' in the 'Exact' bag, it's no big deal.

I'll take another look at the code and the docs, but do you know any other small bugs we should workaround, where actual exact matches return another method but difference helps tell apart false negatives (e.g. a 'Closest' or 'Numeric' with 0 difference which are in fact Exact) ?
    Topic is locked