(SOLVED) Session State Failing
 1 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Mike Whaley

--
11 Jan 2014 12:34 AM
    I am getting the following error when trying to start the web application with a browser on the same machine as IIS. “Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\ AllowRemoteConnection. If the server is on the local machine, and if the before mentioned registry value does not exist or is set to 0, then the state server connection string must use either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as the server name.” The Microsoft Session service is running. The “production” version of the application, which does not have the 51Degrees software, is running on the same machine and is using Sessions without a problem. I am trying to use your Mobile Profile code so I assume it is involved in the Session State somehow? Any tips to make sure your code is not happy with something?

Edward

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    13 Jan 2014 10:10 AM

Hi Mike,

I assume from your post 10 minutes after this one that you solved the issue. https://51degrees.mobi/Support/Foru...fault.aspx

Please let me know if you are still having trouble and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Edward

Topic is locked