(CLOSED) Can't connect to Mobile Profile Database
 1 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Mike Whaley

--
10 Jan 2014 11:33 PM
    I am not able to get the Mobile Profile working.I am trying to install the Framework on the second production server. The “profile connection string” shows in error and it suggests I use your RegSQL tool to build the SQL database. I have done this and dropped the database three times, double checked the string, logged on with the given Sql user account/password. Things seem OK. “The Mobile Profile connection string 'Data Source=VMRAPTOR.phfewic.org;Initial Catalog=FiftyOne;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=FiftyOne;Password=blahblahblah’ is not valid. Use fiftyOne_regsql.exe to create.” I have used your product on another production server and this worked fine. I suspect this is some other error causing a problem but being reported incorrectly. Any trouble shooting ideas? I have wasted a lot of time on this. I found a note in your documentation that a login “may” need to be created for your Application Pool. I gave the “NETWORK SERVICE” full rights on the SQL Express database but it didn’t help. I do not think I messed with this in the past. I am using IIS 7.5.

Tom Holmes

--
    13 Jan 2014 10:51 AM

Hi Mike,

I'd like to clarify a few things. Is the server to mirror an existing website, and are you trying to connect to a database stored locally? Also, are you able to get it working using a connection string like the following that specifies an mdf file?

connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=True;Database=MobileProfile;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|MobileProfile.mdf;User Instance=True;Asynchronous Processing=True;"

Thanks,

Tom

Topic is locked