(SOLVED) Image Sizing
 2 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Mike Whaley

--
10 Jan 2014 07:43 PM
    I have found I don’t know how to size images on smartphones. As an example the Request.Browser["ScreenPixelsWidth"] reports 640 for an iPhone but if I size images to 640 wide they are twice the width of the screen. The iPhone is documented as 320 “points” wide but I can’t find a variable with this information. Plus I would not know when to ignore the ScreenPixelsWidth and use some other variable. Is there some way to calculate image sizes on smartphones? I am building all my images dynamically (.Net charts) but I have not found a way to translate HTML image “width” to smartphone width. I suspect I am missing something………..

Edward

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    13 Jan 2014 10:06 AM

Hi Mike,

The iPhone does not include any identifying information in the user-agent. Because of this we currently have a catch-all profile for all models of the iPhone, as such the screen size of this profile uses the screen size of the most popular model, this being the iPhone 4, which is why you are seeing the screen size variable of  640. We are looking at ways of improving this for the future.

Kind Regards

Edward

Edward

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    13 Jan 2014 11:33 AM

For image resizing in Framework you can find out more information in the documentation found here: https://51degrees.mobi/Portals/0/Do...tation.pdf

Specifically the section that should help you is: 5.3 Image sources.

Kind Regards

Edward

Topic is locked