(SOLVED) Problem With Azure
 5 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

tderenthal

--
17 May 2012 03:20 PM
    I have recently moved my site to Windows Azure. When I visit the site on Andorid or iPhone I am not redirected to the appropriate version. You can see this at http://NorthernWebhosting.com. It still works properly on the dedicated server where it was previously hosted at http://old.NorthernWebHosting.com&#...osting.com

James Rosewell

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

--
    20 May 2012 07:12 PM
    Can you try setting the redirect elements firstRequestOnly attribute to false and then try? If this doesn't work the entire 51Degrees.mobi Foundation module which handles redirection and detection is probably not working and this will relate to the migration to Azure. Let us know the outcome.

We don't support Framework on Azure at the moment. We do support Foundation and this blog post contains more details.

Be aware that like a lot of things with Azure the solution requires a good understanding of the details.

Let us know outcome of above test.

James

tderenthal

--
    21 May 2012 02:54 PM
    Changing the firstRequestOnly to false did not help. I'll go through all the details of the related blog post and try again.

"We don't support Framework on Azure at the moment" - Do you anticipate that you will support Framework on Azure at some point in the future?

James Rosewell

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

--
    21 May 2012 03:05 PM
    Tom,

Regarding the second question. We're a customer led business. I expect there will come a time when sufficient customers want Azure support and we'll add it. However at the moment you're the only customer who's asked for it. I want to add a wish list feature to this web site over the summer where you can vote up/down new features.

Let us know the results of your configuration checks.

James

tderenthal

--
    21 May 2012 03:09 PM
    Still not working. Is there any quick and dirty way I can just redirect any mobile device back to the framework on the dedicated server and let the old version do the work it used to do?

tderenthal

--
    21 May 2012 03:34 PM
    Aha! I'll just point the A record back to the dedicated server, modify the 51Degrees config to keep all mobile traffic and send desktop browsers to the Azure site. Good enough for now.
    Topic is locked