(SOLVED) Calendar control: only English
 5 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Author Messages

Fabio Pagano

--
07 May 2012 05:09 PM
    It seems that the calendar control appears only in English language. I've tried to force Italian Language using Italian UICulture in the Page directive but without success. May you help me? Thank you.

Murali Setty

--
    07 May 2012 05:32 PM
    Hi Fabio,

We have verified and addressed the issue in Calendar logic, could you please download the components from here and confirm the fix. The link downloads DLL(s) not the installer, use these in your solution and please let us know.

Thanks,
    Murali

Fabio Pagano

--
    07 May 2012 08:34 PM
    The language problem is solved, thank you.

I've noticed two other issues in the calendar control:

1. If in the property page i set "PersistState"=False, then if i close and reopen the form the "PersistState" property falls back to True.
    2. The button "Today" is not translated yet.

Thank you.

Murali Setty

--
    08 May 2012 05:55 AM
    Hi Fabio,

Please download the latest components from here and try the fix for the Today button. You have to customize the button's text using respective public properties like NextButtonText, PrevButtonText, TodayButtonText etc. with the culture specific text.

We couldn't recreate the issue with respect to PersistSate property in design mode, if we can get through it will let you know.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
    Murali

Fabio Pagano

--
    08 May 2012 09:17 PM
    I've changed the "today" button text and has worked, thank you.

I have to report two issues:

1. If i click on "Today" button, nothing happens (i had previously selected another date). This behavior was already present.

2. About "PersistState" problem (i set "False" then it falls back to "True") please follow these steps to try to reproduce it:

- In designer, set "PersistState" = False in the calendar control
    - Explicitly save the form
    - Close and reopen the solution
    - "PersistState" of the calendar control has returned to true.

Please note that i want to set "PersistState" = False in the calendar control because each time i reopen it the selected date is correctly setted on the date that i set by code (tipically today) but i see an orange box around the last date that was selected in the previous session (in the screenshot, today is correctly 8 of may and it is selected but the last selected date in the previous session was 24 may and we see an orange box around it):

Thank you.

Murali Setty

--
    09 May 2012 04:55 AM
    Hi Fabio,

The behavior of Today button is not to select the today's date instead it navigates back to the current Month if Calendar is in different month, I hope I am making a point clear if not please let me know.

The Calendar.PersistState property changing is an design-time issue of Calendar I could now see the reason for the misbehavior of it, any changes you are doing in Design view is not getting written/updated in the HTML source code by Visual Studio. We are currently working on it once done will update you. As a workaround you need to change the property directly in the HTML source view.

Thanks,
    Murali
    Topic is locked